Quantcast

CPU Ulitilization not shown

Sanjay Acharya-3
Hi,

   My setup is as follows. I have the dynamo running on 2 systems and the iometer GUI console on the third host. The 2 systems running dynamo have redhat core 4 with kernel 2.6.14 and the third system has a windows xp OS. Any hints on why the iometer console is showing the CPU Utilization as zero when I am running network IO? Thanks in advance.

Sanjay Acharya

Re: CPU Ulitilization not shown

Ming Zhang
i just checked, it is broken. the /proc/stat file format is changed.

ming

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 18:57 -0800, Sanjay Acharya wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    My setup is as follows. I have the dynamo running on 2 systems and
> the iometer GUI console on the third host. The 2 systems running
> dynamo have redhat core 4 with kernel 2.6.14 and the third system has
> a windows xp OS. Any hints on why the iometer console is showing the
> CPU Utilization as zero when I am running network IO? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Sanjay Acharya

RE: CPU Ulitilization not shown

Sanjay Acharya-3
Thanks Ming for the quick reply. Is there a patch available that can fix
this?

Sanjay

i just checked, it is broken. the /proc/stat file format is changed.

ming

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 18:57 -0800, Sanjay Acharya wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    My setup is as follows. I have the dynamo running on 2 systems and
> the iometer GUI console on the third host. The 2 systems running
> dynamo have redhat core 4 with kernel 2.6.14 and the third system has
> a windows xp OS. Any hints on why the iometer console is showing the
> CPU Utilization as zero when I am running network IO? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Sanjay Acharya

RE: CPU Ulitilization not shown

Ming Zhang
i just found this broken and i do not think i can propose a nice fix any
time soon. i am in a real mess recently.

ming