Quantcast

Disk targets missing when connect IOmeter to Dynamo running on OS X

Disk targets missing when connect IOmeter to Dynamo running on OS X

Carlos Rua
Hi,

I am trying to connect the latest stable version of IOmeter (1.1.0) to the Dynamo engine running on a Mac OS X host. While I can connect, the problem I'm running into is that no disk targets are showing up. I compiled the Dynamo file for OS X using the make command (make -f Makefile-OSX-i386 all) and the src files for the stable version (1.1.0). I have also tried the iometer-1.1.0-rc1-osx.intel.ppc-bin.dmg as it already contains a compiled Dynamo file.

In both cases I can connect to the Mac OS X host but see no disk targets. I am able to connect network targets. Any clue as to what I should be looking for?

Re: Disk targets missing when connect IOmeter to Dynamo running on OS X

Vishesh Vijay
Hi Carlos,

I have also observed same problem in windows platform in a client setup.
Go for older version like 2006 RC or 2008 RC2
It will work.

Thanks,
Vishesh Vijay
Storage Test Engineer
LSI Corporation

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Carlos Rua <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to connect the latest stable version of IOmeter (1.1.0) to the Dynamo engine running on a Mac OS X host. While I can connect, the problem I'm running into is that no disk targets are showing up. I compiled the Dynamo file for OS X using the make command (make -f Makefile-OSX-i386 all) and the src files for the stable version (1.1.0). I have also tried the iometer-1.1.0-rc1-osx.intel.ppc-bin.dmg as it already contains a compiled Dynamo file.

In both cases I can connect to the Mac OS X host but see no disk targets. I am able to connect network targets. Any clue as to what I should be looking for?

Re: Disk targets missing when connect IOmeter to Dynamo running on OS X

Vedran Degoricija
Hello,

It would help to provide a bit more info on how you are using it.

Carlos: I've tested OSX binaries with the stable and rc1 builds. I can certainly see disk devices and perform tests. There may be another unrelated issue with OSX which caused us to delay publishing of those binaries, but unrelated...

Vishesh: We are not aware of any problems you describe with Windows. The only thing you have to ensure is that you are running with admin privileges, else no devices will be enumerated.

Regards,
Ved