Hostname error with Dynamo r141 on CentOS 6.4

Hostname error with Dynamo r141 on CentOS 6.4

Gruher, Joseph R

Hello-

I downloaded r141 and built on CentOS 6.4.  However, I get a hostname error when I try to run, even when specifying the “-m” switch.  Error shown below.  I can ping the Iometer machine so I know my system is on the network.  Anyone have any thoughts what could be the problem?  Thanks!

[root@node06 ~]# ./dynamo –m 12.12.12.106 –i 12.12.12.142

Dynamo version 1.1.0, x86-64, build Aug  1 2013 12:23:33

===> ERROR: Getting host name for “node06.joeboot.org” failed.

     [PortTCP::Create() in IOPortTCP.cpp line 238]

     errno = 11

*** Could not create a TCP/IP Port. exiting...

Re: Hostname error with Dynamo r141 on CentOS 6.4

juriggs
UNSUBSCRIBE

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Gruher, Joseph R <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello-

I downloaded r141 and built on CentOS 6.4.  However, I get a hostname error when I try to run, even when specifying the “-m” switch.  Error shown below.  I can ping the Iometer machine so I know my system is on the network.  Anyone have any thoughts what could be the problem?  Thanks!

[root@node06 ~]# ./dynamo –m 12.12.12.106 –i 12.12.12.142

Dynamo version 1.1.0, x86-64, build Aug  1 2013 12:23:33

===> ERROR: Getting host name for “node06.joeboot.org” failed.

     [PortTCP::Create() in IOPortTCP.cpp line 238]

     errno = 11

*** Could not create a TCP/IP Port. exiting...

Justin W. Riggs
Windows System Administrator
(Contractor - Valdez International)

Information Technology Directorate
Interior Business Center
303-969-6623 (Office)
[hidden email]
US Department of the Interior
Office of the Secretary

Your Focus: Your Mission
Our Focus: You

Re: Hostname error with Dynamo r141 on CentOS 6.4

Wesley_Vaske

Hey Justin (and anyone else interested in unsubscribing),

Go to this link and select “Subscribe” for the list you want to unsubscribe from. (devel or user).

Scroll to the bottom of the page where you see this:

“To unsubscribe from Iometer-devel, get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address:”

Fill in your e-mail and follow the instructions.

Thanks!

Wes Vaske

Systems Engineer

Dell | Oracle Solutions

Re: Hostname error with Dynamo r141 on CentOS 6.4

Gruher, Joseph R

Ah, I figured out if I manually add an entry to /etc/hosts it will work around this problem.  Never mind. :)  Thanks anyway!