How to limit the IOPS using IOMeter

Asirvatharaj, George

Hi All,

Could someone let me know using IOMeter how could we limit the IOPS during a test run.

I have a target which can perform at X IOPS and I need to limit my IOMeter to perform at a rate which is 25% of X.

Please do the needful.

Regards

George

Re: How to limit the IOPS using IOMeter

Neto, Antonio Jose Rodrigues

Hi George

This is neto from Brazil

How are you?

IOPS without latency information is not an useful information.

Long time ago, I had the same request, you know X right. Configure IOmeter with 8 workers (4 LUNs spread on your EMC box).

Using just 1 outstanding I/O probably you won’t “push” enough amount of I/O to your EMC box.

Try to add 4 outstanding I/O to your box and probably you will be “in control” the amount of I/O.

Please if you need any help, please let me know.

All the best

Neto

NetApp – I love this company!