Quantcast

How to set up a test that cycles through targets 1 at a time?

How to set up a test that cycles through targets 1 at a time?

HICS0
I have 5 disk targets that I want to test from a single server, one at a time.  I can't figure out a way to define a single test that will do that.  The Cycling options available increment the number of concurrent targets from 1 through 5, but I want do do 1,2,3,4,5 individually.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

How to set up a test that cycles through targets 1 at a time?

HICS0

I have 5 disk targets that I want to test from a single server, one at a time.  I can't figure out a way to define a single test that will do that.  The Cycling options available increment the number of concurrent targets from 1 through 5, but I want to do 1,2,3,4,5 individually.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: How to set up a test that cycles through targets 1 at a time?

Gruher, Joseph R
You can set unique workloads for each target.  So set target 1 with the desired workload and the rest with idle, then the next round target 2 gets the workload and the rest get idle, and so on.  Then just run "normal" (all workers all targets) and cycle through the workload manually or on timers.  Make sense?

A little tedious, I would also like to see a setting for what you suggest, but you can do it this way.