Quantcast

IOMeter Excessive Error Count

aetius
I'm doing some testing on a virtualised Exchange system on a Vmware 2008 R2 virtual machine (1.6 TB disks, 64K allocation unit size, RAID 10, 64K stripe size, LSI adapter and thick provisioned eager zeroed).

IO Meter gives me roughly the IOPs I'm expecting, but the error count is around 55,000 across all worker threads and I'm using physical disks. Even with a single worker thread and a single physical disk, I still get errors.

Any suggestions for how signifcant these errors are and how I can avoid them?