IOMeter.exe is not a valid Win32 application?

IOMeter.exe is not a valid Win32 application?

Julian Milano
I've run IOMeter on my Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 servers and it works OK but when I run it on my Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 servers (multiple servers!), I get the error "IOMeter.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

The servers are HP BL25p G1 hardware with the following specs:

Processor Details
Processor: 1 Slot: 0 Socket: 1
Processor:   AMD Opteron /2.40GHz   Action:   No Action Needed
Coprocessor:   Integrated FPU /2.40GHz   Cache:   L1 64 KB, L2 1024 KB
Step:   2   HyperThread:   Disabled
Processor: 2 Slot: 0 Socket: 2
Processor:   AMD Opteron /2.40GHz   Action:   No Action Needed
Coprocessor:   Integrated FPU /2.40GHz   Cache:   L1 64 KB, L2 1024 KB
Step:   2   HyperThread:   Disabled

I've tried running IOMeter in compatibility mode with the same result. I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it with the same result.

I had to result to using Crystal Disk Mark to get the job done but I'd like to know why IOMeter will not run.

Thanks.

Regards

Julian Milano