IOMeter is not a valid Win32 application

Aqz

IOMeter is not a valid Win32 application

Aqz
Every time i try to run IOMeter on my Windows 2003 machines i get "IOMeter.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

To be exact they're Windows 2003 Standard x64 with SP2.

What can I do to make it work?

--
Wojtek

Re: IOMeter is not a valid Win32 application

Larvoire, Jean-Francois

Hello Wojtek,

I just tried it on an old Windows 2003 Standard x64 I have left, and it too has the same problem with iometer 1.1.0 Win32 and Win64 versions released on 2014-03-15.

The “Devel 1.1.0-ga” versions released on 2012-05-18 do work though, as do the versions I built myself from source.

I suspect the final 1.1.0 version posted on SourceForge was built to target WINVER >= 0x0600 (Windows Vista and Server 2008). This is probably the default for the most recent versions of Visual C++, if WINVER is left undefined.

So the best thing for you to do is to rebuild iometer from source, possibly adding a “#define WINVER 0x0500” ahead of the sources. Else if you don’t have Visual C++ installed, look for the older versions I mention, that do work on Windows 2003.

Jean-François