Quantcast

Iometer results

Daniel Dold

Hey guys,

I was given the task of running Iometer on my windows server 2012 to find out the total IOPs as the guys in work here think it is slow.

The test has been ran (and still running 3 days later) but the results are up and not changing.

The server has 12 processers so I made 1 worker and duplicated it until there was a total of 12 workers in total

The size of the disk space is 1.8 TB

The Disk Targets tab I have the following;

-          Maximum Disk Size: 0

-          Starting Disk Sector: 0

-          # of Outstanding I/Os: 1

The Access Specifications tab I used;

-          All in one

In the Test Setup tab I changed nothing.

The results display are as follows

-          All Managers

o   Total I/Os per Second: 1859.67

o   Total MBs per Second: 23.84

o   Average I/O Response Time (ms): 6.4517

o   Maximun I/O Response Time (ms): 1385.8537

o   %CPU Utilization (total): 9.23%

o   Total Error Count: 0

-          Worker 1 (I picked the first worker, they are all pretty much the same)

o   Total I/Os per Second: 153.25

o   Total MBs per Second: 1.96

o   Average I/O Response Time (ms): 6.5241

o   Maximun I/O Response Time (ms): 929.6907

o   %CPU Utilization (total): 9.23%

o   Total Error Count: 0

The server is acting very slow and from these results I cannot interpret them to say.

Can someone please explain to me about the IOPS and if these results show that the IOPS are good or bad.

Thanks,

Dan