Quantcast

Performance with MPIO

Jori Gielis
Hello,

Me and my colleague are ICT students at Thomas More Geel in Belgium.
This year we are doing a 3 months internship at the company Valcosoft.
The company has given us a subject, this subject is SAN.
As SAN software are we using Open-E.
We are testing performance with IOmeter and we are testing MPIO with 2 1Gbit cards.
The testfile is on a single SSD connected with a onboard SATA2 controller.
We are testing various block sizes (4KB, 32KB, 64KB, 128KB, 256KB, 512KB, 1MB and 4MB)
We are using Round robin as policy for MPIO.
If we compare our results with same setup without MPIO and single network interface, we see that we have only advantage at large block sizes (512KB 1MB and 4MB).
Why is there no difference in the results of smaller blocksizes?

We hope you can help us.

Thanks in advance.

Yours faithfully

Jonas Deckers and Jori Gielis

MPIO.docx (127K) Download Attachment

Re: Performance with MPIO

Robert Randall
The behavior is likely caused by the SSD.  Which SATA2 SSD are you using for you testing?  Do you know the published performance characteristics of that SSD?

Regards,
Robert

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Jori Gielis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Robert Randall | [hidden email]