Processor speed reported over 4294 MHz gives (very) wrong results

Processor speed reported over 4294 MHz gives (very) wrong results

Wayne Wright
New to the list. Apologies in advance if this is old info.
The sources I downloaded are labeled iometer-2006_07_27.common-src

I used iometer to measure the performance of my old PC and then upgraded to
a new PC and the new one registered MUCH slower.
I downloaded the source and tracked this down to an integer overflow in
IOPerformance.cpp,
Performance::Get_Processor_Speed()

All these lines in that function (silently) overflow for processor speeds
reported above 4294 MHz:
        return (double)(speed * 1000000);

This overflows whenever the "speed" variable is 32 bits, which is true on
both 32b and 64b Windows builds.
I also have .vcproj files for Dynamo and Iometer for Visual Studio 2008 and
that builds 64b binaries.

I am happy to share any/all of the above on request.

Wayne

Re: Processor speed reported over 4294 MHz gives (very) wrong results

Vedran Degoricija
Hi Wayne,

You should try downloading a later package from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/iometer/files/iometer-devel/1.1.0-rc1/ or snapshot the latest SVN sources for even newer changes. There've been some improvements since then.

Regards,
Ved