Re: Edit IOMeter 1.1.0 RC to output IO traces to bin file and to accept IOs as a CMDline parameter

Re: Edit IOMeter 1.1.0 RC to output IO traces to bin file and to accept IOs as a CMDline parameter

Francis Jang
Hi ladies and gents,

Hope this day finds you all very well.  As my subject suggests I am in the process of altering the IOMeter project and came across a section that suggests contacting this group of fine people to see if it has already been done. I have altered the GalileoCmdLine files to allow the command line parameters. These are the remaining tasks:
IOs substitute timer – so test ends when total number of IOPs is achieved
Actual IOPs traces get output to a bin file
If anyone one has the project that would be greatly appreciated!

If you require more explanation please ping me.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my email. I will be working on this in the meantime.

BR,

Francis

Re: Edit IOMeter 1.1.0 RC to output IO traces to bin file and to accept IOs as a CMDline parameter

Gasmi Karim

Dear all

Yes, daily, i have to use iometer for our validation tests, for now im testing 12 nvme intel p3700 together and try to reach 5Million IOPS like supermicro have done or quenta, that’s why do you have a good best practice and more explanations about the cmdline modifications and explanations about how we use and how it works.

I’m under windows & linux

Waiting your reply.

Regards

Karim

2CRSI

Re: Edit IOMeter 1.1.0 RC to output IO traces to bin file and to accept IOs as a CMDline parameter

Francis Jang
Hi Karim,

My needs are real similar to your own. I am attempting to prep this version of IOMeter for the same reason, getting ready for NVMe testing. Having the ability to directly command IOMeter to execute a specific number of IOPs would be way more accurate in terms of preconditioning the device and also (i think) for fair testing for devices. Would you be able to share your project as I would also like to become more familiar with tthe project in the event I need to make other alterations to better suite my operation.

I am also under windows x64. Using Visual studio 12 to edit the project.

Thanks,

Francis