Quantcast

Re: Migrating Iometer code to Qt

Vedran Degoricija
+iometer-devel

Thanks,
Ved

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:12 AM, Jay Sanghavi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey,
     Thanks for the response. I just want to know how to use the port class specific functions in Qt . I tried using Q TCP socket communication but there is a drawback since I am not able to pass structure pointer via the socket. But in Visual Studio, they are using void pointer concept to interact. Is there any way I could be in Synchronization with developer team.
Regards,
Jay Sanghavi.
On 03-Dec-2015 12:06 pm, "Vedran Degoricija" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jay,

Sorry for the late reply. Nobody has altered the MFC code much since the tool's inception. You might want to send this request out to the whole developer group as I have not been involved much lately.

The short answer is that this is a complex undertaking where a re-write might be the right answer. :(

Regards,
Ved

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 12:24 PM, Jay Sanghavi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Vedrand,
                      This is Jay Sanghavi working for Samsung R&D. I am working on migrating Iometer code in Qt. I am planning to make my own GUI in Qt and use dynamo.exe from the Iometer code. But there are some MFC components being used in the code.Can you please guide me through the process on how should I go about the Galileo App.

Regards,
Jay Sanghavi
Software Engineer at Samsung R&D