Release 1.1.0-rc1 questions

Mike Sterling
1. Does this release for Linux include the correct support for asynchronous I/O?

2. How can I get this up and running on CentOS 5.5? Attempts to launch dynamo result in glibc++ errors - specifically, the version of glibc++ I have doesn't support 3.4.9 or 3.4.11. I tried taking a libstdc++ that supports and symlinking it in the iometer directory, but that didn't work.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Release 1.1.0-rc1 questions

Vedran Degoricija
Mike,

1. There have been no changes to the posix AIO interface in dynamo at this time. We hope to address this in a future release.

2. Your solution may be to rebuild it for CentOS 5.5.

Ved

Re: Release 1.1.0-rc1 questions

Mike Sterling
Is there an ETA on when the AIO implementation will go in? Without it, IOmeter holds very limited value for Linux disk performance analysis - especially in my case. I'm trying to compare Linux disk performance to Windows disk performance, and IOMeter is the best tool that I've found.

As far as rebuilding it for CentOS 5.5, I'd be happy to do that - however, all the files up on SourceForge are all binaries. Where can I obtain the 1.1.0 RC1 sources? Is there a tree somewhere that I can pull?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 01:22:35PM -0800, Vedran Degoricija wrote:

> Mike,
>
> 1. There have been no changes to the posix AIO interface in dynamo at this time.
> We hope to address this in a future release.
>
> 2. Your solution may be to rebuild it for CentOS 5.5.
>
> Ved

Daniel Scheibli-2

Hi Mike,

regarding the second question, all the sources can be found in the projects
Subversion repository [1]. The 1.1.0-rc1 binaries are based on revision 90
of the WorkingBranch_Q2_2010_Ved branch.

Best Regards,
Daniel

[1] https://iometer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/iometer