how to install iometer in linux

mahesh.athi
Message
Hi,

We are using IOMeter-2004.7.30 version tool for testing the I/O performance of a system.
The OS will be Linux Red Hat 8.0.

We want the Dynamo to be installed in the Linux machine (i686), and the IOMeter in Windows 2000 (on a different machine).
These two machines are in the same network.

We have downloaded the src files of IOMeter for Linux ...i386..
Can we use this, for i686 m/c ?

Can anyone let us know, howto build IOMeter for the above requirement...

Thanks and Regards,
Mahesh Athi.

Re: how to install iometer in linux

Ming Zhang
On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 11:06 +0530, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using IOMeter-2004.7.30 version tool for testing the I/O
> performance of a system.
> The OS will be Linux Red Hat 8.0.
>
> We want the Dynamo to be installed in the Linux machine (i686), and
> the IOMeter in Windows 2000 (on a different machine).
> These two machines are in the same network.
>
> We have downloaded the src files of IOMeter for Linux ...i386..
> Can we use this, for i686 m/c ?

u can

> Can anyone let us know, howto build IOMeter for the above
> requirement...

see makefile

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 20:37 +0530, [hidden email] wrote:
> HI MING,
>
> Thanks a lot for your inputs.

welcome. pls always cc to iometer list.

> We tried that and the dynamo executable was created....
> But, then when we tried to execute the dynamo.exe, we got the following
> error...
> Here, weda141 is the name of the linux machine we are trying iometer
> on..

?? iometer can only be run from windows. basically u need to run
iometer.exe on a windows box. a dynamo from a test box. then run dynamo
to connect that iometer.

> .
>
> Fail to open kstat device file

ignore this.

> Dynamo not running as super-user.

u need to run dynamo as root, but be careful on choosing which disk u
want to test