Quantcast

multiple workers with different usernames using Windows "runas"?

multiple workers with different usernames using Windows "runas"?

Charly Jones

 I am trying to exercise an EMC Celerra NAS box using Iometer.  I have been asked to emulate several actual users activity from a single PC running Windows XP SP2.  It is important that the activity be from different users.  I have mapped several drives to different folders on the NAS, then started Iometer, which got me one Manager and one Worker.  I then tried "runas  /user:domain\username dynamo.exe" with several usernames to create additional Managers and Workers.  It looks like it almost works, but the mapped drives only show up under the first manager and worker which were launched by Iometer directly.

I have read the manual.  I have searched the archives.  I have googled: Iometer, Dynamo, and runas in various combinations.

I am using Iometer Version 2004.7.30

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: multiple workers with different usernames using Windows "runas"?

Vedran Degoricija
Charly,

Runas does not inherit the mapped drives from the logon user. Try running cmd,
then mapping the drives and then running dynamo.

Ved