problem in installing iometer on linux the problem

problem in installing iometer on linux the problem

sharvani bhat
[root@localhost src]# make -f Makefile-Linux.x86_64 all
/usr/bin/g++ -O -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DIOMTR_OSFAMILY_UNIX -DIOMTR_OS_LINUX -DIOMTR_CPU_X86_64 -DIOMTR_SETTING_GCC_M64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -DNOMINMAX -DUSE_NEW_DISCOVERY_MECHANISM -DFORCE_STRUCT_ALIGN -DIOMTR_SETTING_CPU_AFFINITY -c Pulsar.cpp
In file included from IOManager.h:94,
                 from Pulsar.cpp:135:
IOPerformance.h:101:21: error: stropts.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [Pulsar.o] Error 1

Re: problem in installing iometer on linux the problem

Daniel Scheibli-2

Newer Linux distros do no longer come with the stropts.h file.

As anyway only the Solaris port is using STREAM files, you can
safely remove the include. To do so, you should alter line 99
in IOPerformance.h as follows ("-" indicates the old line and
"+" indicates the new line):

-#if defined(IOMTR_OS_LINUX) || defined(IOMTR_OSFAMILY_NETWARE) || defined(IOMTR_OS_SOLARIS)
+#if defined(IOMTR_OSFAMILY_NETWARE) || defined(IOMTR_OS_SOLARIS)
#include <stropts.h>
#endif

I will add that to trunk, so the next RC/final version will
have that change.

Daniel