Quantcast

"iometer alignment value is not a multiple of the sector size"

"iometer alignment value is not a multiple of the sector size"

FRANK Michael

Hello,

First I want to say hello to the list and many thanks to all the development done from the community in order to provide such a great tool like Iometer for free.

I currently run some tests with Iometer 1.1.0 on Linux against a NAS system with NFSv3 and NFSv4. I already ran similar tests under W2k8 with CIFS without problems

In my test setup I have 64kB Transfer Request Size and Align I/Os to 4kB.

As soon as I start the test I get a warning with following content:

"iometer alignment value is not a multiple of the sector size……"

I found a post at the mailing list from 2006 with an answer that there was already a similar post giving the answer but unfortunately I don’t find the mentioned post.

Any help is much appreciated and even in case I could silently ignore this warning I would be happy to get som feedback in order to be sure that it is not impacting the test results.

Many thanks in advance

Michael

This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.  Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.

Re: "iometer alignment value is not a multiple of the sector size"

Gasmi Karim

hi all

Sorry for my late answer but i had to finish some important NVMe performance tests.

For now with 10 NVMe P3700 with 512GB memory (96*16) on a quad cpu motherboard with 4 E7-8890v3 I got:

32.45 GB/s en lecture séquentielle 4K

13.20 GB/s en écriture séquentielle 4K

3.2 Million IOPS en lecture Random

1.1 Million IOPS en écriture Random

Each cpu has 18Cores/36Threads using Windows server 2012 R2 datacenter edition i get some issues about the number of detected cpu by the OS and by IOMETER.

when i check #cpu option in iometer it display only 64 disk workers.

in the device manager all the 144 logical cores are listed

i tried to set 144 workers to have 1 worker per logical core or at least 72 workers like the number of physical cores .

i heard that its possible to go over what i got like results.

that's why i need help to set perfectly iometer and my HW to get the best results.

Can someone give me some explanations or best practice ?

how many outstanding io should i set when i use 72 workers or should i change the number of disk workers ?

Like you see im not sure at all.

warm regards

Karim GASMI
R&D - Support technique

www.2crsi.com
[hidden email]

skype:k-rim_g

32, Rue Jacobi -Netter
67200 Strasbourg
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 41 10 65

GSM +33(0)6 23 06 67 44
Fax : +33 (0)9 59 25 10 75

     Pensez à l’environnement. N’imprimez ce courriel que si vous en avez vraiment besoin.